1. What is Senior Citizen Health Policy?: It becomes difficult to have the adequate health cover as age progreses especially above 65 years. Health Insurance to specifically fulfil the health care needs of Senior Citizen is know as Senior Citizen Health care Insurance which is generally more expensive than the normal Health Insurances.
2. Why Insurance for Senior Citizen? When age grows the possibility of getting the sickness or illness also increases and so aged people need to bear higher premium for health Insurance. As the source of income decreases as possibilities of severity of sickness increases it is more important and necessary for the need for Senior Citizen health Insurance
3. What should I look for Senior Citizen Health Insurance?
a. Entry age and the exit age
b. Maximum renewable age or life long renewable option
c. What is share of co-payment that is how much should a Senior Citizen pay in each and every claim
d. What are the medical tests required and whether the Insurance provider pay full or partial cost of the medical tests.
e. What is the waiting period
f. What are the exclusions of the policy
4. Documents required for Senior Citizen Health Insurance.
a. Age proof
b. Address proof
c. Proof of income
d. Duly filled proposal form
e. Medical tests report as required by the Insurance Company.
5. Do I need to go through the medical screening before I buy a Senior Citizen Insurance Policy? Yes. As an aged person you are riskier preposition for the Insurance Company hence mst of the Insurance Company makes it compulsory to grant the policy only after going through the medical tests reports
6. Do Insurance provider offer Cashless claim settlement?: Yes most of the Insurance company offer the cashless settlement of claims if the Insured takes the treatment from the network hospitals and where pre-authorisation is obtained by the Insured. As majority of the Senior Citizen policy has a clause of Co-Pay they grant the cashless portion upto the liability of the Insurance company and the balance portion the Senior Citizen need to pay from their pocket but this arrangements take care of the major portion for cashless Claim.